Well I figured I was interested in this info and thought you might be as well.
Are you tempted by that darn food court every time you shop Costco? Me too! The pizza, the ice cream bars, the churros… I am not even a soda drinker really and somehow I wind up with a soda when I shop (to wash down the pizza I guess.)
So if you are interested in what some of the calorie counts are for those yummy food court items I am listing them below. These are according to Costco directly so they should be accurate:
- Toasted turkey sandwich has 720 calories.
- Ice Cream bar has 870 calories (no almonds is 663).
- Churro has 470 calories.
- Fruit smoothie has 290 calories.
- Cheese pizza has 700 calories.
- Combo pizza has 680 calories.
- Pepperoni has 620 calories.
- Costco Hot Dog (plain) 570 calories.
- Costco Mocha Latte 320 calories.
- Frozen Yogurt- Vanilla or Swirl 390 calories.
- Chicken Cesar Salad 670 calories.
- Chicken Bake 770 calories.
Ack! So basically I try to eat 1200-1700 calories per day (depending on my exercise routine) and the cheese pizza and smoothie would be almost my entire calorie allotment for the day. I had an ice cream bar recently and I can’t believe that is almost 900 calories! Just nuts.
The food is cheap and super yummy but you might consider cutting that portion size in half the next time you shop. The smoothie is probably the best overall choice and pretty filling.
Don’t get fooled by the salad! That is almost as many calories as the pizza!